The Dry Eye Zone    
FAQ News Dry Eye Encyclopedia About The Dry Eye Zone Contact
Canaliculus (canaliculi)

Passage through which tears drain from the eyes.


The entrances of the tear drains are called puncta, and the passages through which they drain (eventually to the nasal passages) are canaliculi.

Some types of punctal plugs are referred to as intracanalicular (or intracanicular) if they are meant to be inserted right down in the canaliculi rather than simply plugging the opening.


links and references


DryEyeZone    Web

The Dry Eye Shop

The Dry Eye Shop

Owned and operated by The Dry Eye Company





The Dry Eye Zone home page The Dry Eye Zone home page